Academia del Pueblo School Board of Directors
Guadalupe Sosa Valencia- Chair
Guadalupe Sosa Valencia is a Native Arizonan, born in Tempe and grew up in Queen Creek; where 4 generations of Escalante-Sosa’s have attended grade school. She has a B.A.-Secondary Education from Arizona State University and a J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of Law, San Francisco, California. She was at the Arizona State Senate, Democratic Staff for 19 years as a Senior Policy Advisor and currently works for St. Vincent de Paul. An ADP board member for three years, Guadalupe has been involved in many organizations throughout the valley.
Sonia Gomez- Secretary
Sonia Gomez joined the Academia Del Pueblo board in 2016 and is a native of Mesa, Arizona. She studied business and media at the Walter Cronkite School at Arizona State University and proceeded to work in consumer and B2B advertising for English and Spanish media outlets. Her passion for the community and higher education started young as she was involved in non-profits geared towards first generation college students like ASU Hispanic Mother-Daughter Program and also the ASU Alumni Foundation to help mentor students and fundraise for the Latino Alumni Association, Los Diablos scholarship fund. In her free time, Sonia enjoys spending time with family, traveling, and watching college and professional football.
Jerry Mendoza grew up in the neighborhood surrounding Academia Del Pueblo and attended Adeline Gray Elementary School which was the original name of the school. He graduated with a B.S. in Communication from Arizona State University and serves on the City of Phoenix Human Services Commission. He is also a supporter of the arts as board member of Xico, a local arts organization. Currently he is an account executive in the Marketing department at Arizona Public Service and is a Native Arizonan.
Francisca Montoya is a long term resident of the City of Phoenix. She is employed as the Research & Planning Director at Raza Development Fund. A graduate of ASU with a BS degree in Health Policy she has 25 years experience in non-profit management. Francisca currently serves on the Fowler Elementary School Board, the Maricopa County Board of Health, and the City of Phoenix Estrella Village Planning Committee. She is a 2014 graduate of the National Hispanic Corporate Council, Corporate Executive Development Program at Southern Methodist University.
Benjamin Kriegsfeld is a proud Phoenix native and has served on the ADP Advisory Board since 2001. Benjamin is a Brophy College Prep graduate and earned dual Bachelors Degrees from Bucknell University. Benjamin’s family legacy with the Friendly House dates back to the 1960s when his grandfather, Joseph I. Flores, was an active member of the Governing Board and Executive Team for many years. He is the co-founder and President of two Tempe based businesses, AGP Turbochargers, Inc. and AGP Arms, Inc.
Sarah Sanz joined the ADP Advisory Board in 2015. Sarah graduated from Xavier College Preparatory, St. Mary’s College of California, and the University of Arizona College of Law. She is a Member at The Sanz Law Firm, PLLC and she and her husband have one daughter.
- Notice of Public Meeting January 11, 2018
- Notice of Public Meeting November 30, 2017
- Notice of Public Meeting October 26, 2017
- Notice of Public Meeting September 14, 2017
- Notice of Public Meeting June 9, 2017
- Notice of Public Meeting May 11, 2017
- Notice of Public Meeting April 13, 2017
- Notice of Public Meeting March 9, 2017
- Notice of Public Meeting February 16, 2017
- Notice of Public Meeting December 7,2016
- Notice of Public Meeting November 9, 2016
- Notice of Public Meeting August 10, 2016
- 6-28-16 Notice of a Public Meeting
- Budget Adoption Hearing Notification17
- 6-15-16 Notice of a Public Meeting
- 5-11-16 Notice of a Public Meeting
- 4-13-16 Notice of a Public Meeting
- 2-10-16 Notice of a Public Meeting
- 1-13-16 Notice of a Public Meeting
- 12-9-15 Notice of a Public Meeting
- NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING for November Canceled
- Notice of a Public Meeting_October_14
- Agenda for September 2015
- Agenda for April 2015